Monday, November 12, 2012

A Hard Re-Boot

I'm beginning this entry at around 8:30am on a Tuesday morning. I'm drinking hot water with lemon, something you'd probably never have seen even a month ago. I made this committment to my well-being, and I told Annie that I'd do what it takes, following her advice to a leaner, healthier, happier me.

Right now, I'm embarking on a 6-week re-boot of my system. In the past few months, I have been eating really poorly. Tons of processed food, fast food, all of the other evil that you can imagine consuming- I've been gobbling it down greedily and my body has paid the price.

Not only did I gain weight, I've been sluggish and my digestive system has clearly not been balanced. In other words, I felt like absolute crap. This affected me mentally as well, I was feeling pretty low, and completely unlike myself.

I'm the kind of person who rides momentum like a pro surfer. I will take that wave as far as it will let me go. The problem is, you can't just generate waves. Something has to stir up those waves before it becomes a good day to surf.

I rode the wave of laziness and neglect right to my couch- and I needed a kickstart. Now I am going to re-direct my energy towards a positive change. Annie gave me a nutrition plan to follow- no added sugar, no processed foods, etc. for the next 6 weeks. I am on a 2-drink maximum- NO BEER.

I think I can, I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment